5 Best Breville Toaster Ovens Reviews
Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven Air, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Super Convection Technology: 2 speed convection fan (Super & regular) offers greater cooking control. Super convection provides a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even heat distribution, perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting
- Precision Cooking & Element IQ: With Element IQ 6 Independent quartz heating elements move the power where it’s needed most, above and below the food for perfect results
- Air Fry & Dehydrate Presets: Why buy a stand alone air fryer or dehydrator when the Smart Oven Air can air fry french fries and other family favorites and dehydrate a range of foods; Dehydrate up to 4 trays of goodness
Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Silver
- Element IQ delivers the right power at the right time and when adjusted to taste, remembers
- 1800 Watts with 5 quartz heating elements. Capacity: 6 Slice Toaster, 13 inch Inch Pizza. Voltage 110 120 Volts
- Backlit, easy read LCD changes from blue to orange when cooking
Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- Smart element IQ: There’s heat, and there’s smart heat; Element IQ transfers heat intelligently across 4 quartz elements for precise and stable heat where and when you want it for perfect results, every time; Super fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- 8 cooking functions: 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Bagel, toast, bake, broil, pizza, roast, cookies, and reheat
- Not so mini capacity: Your mini smart oven fits 4 not so mini slices of toast, cookies, tuna melts and 11 inch pizzas
Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro 1800 W Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ, Brushed Stainless Steel
- Features an interior oven light to keep an eye on your cooking
- 10 pre set cooking functions include: Toast 6 slices, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies, reheat, warm, slow cook
- Capacity: 6 slice toaster, 13 inches pizza. Dimensions-18.5 x 14.5 x 11 inches
Breville the Compact Smart Oven, Countertop Electric Toaster Oven BOV650XL
- Smart element IQ: There’s heat, and there’s smart heat; Element IQ transfers heat intelligently across 4 quartz elements for accurate and stable heat just where and when you want it for perfect results, every time
- 8 cooking functions: 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, bagel, bake, roast, broil, pizza, cookies and reheat
- All the room for delicious you’re looking for: 4 Slice Toaster, 12 inches Pizza, 6 cup muffin tray, roast chicken and anything else you’ve got for it
Breville toaster oven comparison
BOV900BSS vs BOV900BSSUSC
This is the same model. Our guess is that the USC has to do something with the United States market.
BOV900BSS vs BOV845BSS
Both ovens have the Element IQ technology, which consists of 6 individual quartz elements built-in on the top and bottom to ensure that the temperature is right in each preset mode for an even cook. Besides, the two models have a stylish design and include the accessories you need. However, they are different in some aspects, such as:
- The size – The Smart Oven Air BOV900BSS is the largest unit of all Breville ovens, so you need to consider this if you don’t have a large countertop. The product dimensions are 21.4 x 17.2 x 12.8 inches
- Cooking functions – The Smart Oven Pro BOV845BSS has ten cooking settings instead of 13, and it is missing proofing, air frying, and dehydrating techniques.
- Convection technology – The Smart Oven Air has a two-speed air fan for better temperature control and cooking results.
- Warranty – The BOV900BSS has a 2-year warranty, unlike the Smart Oven Pro, which has a 1-year warranty only.
- Price – The Smart Oven Air is more expensive, but it’s also more versatile and with a larger capacity.
- Capacity – The Smart Oven Air fits nine slices of toast because it has one cubic ft. capacity and the Smart Oven Pro has 0.8 ft. space inside, which is enough to fit six slices of toast.
Consider your personal preferences to determine which oven is best for you. If you are looking for a larger unit that can work like an oven and air fryer, we recommend the BOV900BSS. Sure, it is less budget-friendly than the other, but many users have stated that it is worth the investment. Not only can you rely on a 2-year warranty, but you can also fit up to 9 slices of bread at once for your family, and you will enjoy the benefits of a superior convection technology.
However, if your budget is the deciding factor, you may opt for the Smart Oven Pro and still enjoy a versatile oven with ten different cooking functions.
BOV900BSS vs BOV860BSS
The two models have a large interior and an element IQ for better cooking results in all of the preset functions. They are both versatile units with inside lighting and super convection technology and include a 2-year warranty. Also, they are the only Breville ovens with an air frying set. Now, let’s see the aspects in which they differ:
- Inside capacity – The BOV900BSS has the widest interior of all Breville ovens; inside its one cubic ft., you can fit up to nine slices of bread at once. On the other hand, the BOV860BSS has a 0.8 cubic ft. capacity and you can fit six slices of bread at a time.
- Exterior dimensions – The Smart Oven Air (BOV900BSS) has a slightly larger countertop footprint than the BOV860BSS; therefore, if you have limited counter space, you should consider this aspect.
- Color choices – The BOV900BSS only comes in brushed stainless steel, unlike the BOV860BSS, which comes in different colors, like black, grey, blue, and many more.
- Cooking functions – The Smart Oven Air has 13 preset cooking functions, including dehydrating and proofing, which the BOV860BSS is missing.
Both ovens have an excellent performance according to users; nevertheless, we recommend opting for the BOV900BSS because it has a better capacity and more cooking settings (including dehydrating and proofing).
The BOV860BSS is currently on sale, so it is slightly less expensive than the Smart Oven Air; however, its usual price is higher, even though it has less preset cooking settings.
The only situation in which we would recommend the BOV600BSS above the BOV900SS is if you don’t have enough counter space, or if you want a large and colored oven, no matter the case.
BOV845BSS vs BOV800XL
These ovens are very similar; they both have the same capacity and can fit six slices of bread or a 13’’ pizza. Also, they come with a baking pan, pizza pan, and a broil rack. The warranty of each lasts one year, and they have a convection fan for even cooking.
The main difference is that the Breville BOV845BSS has ten present functions instead of nine. This unit comes with a slow cook function that the BOV800XL doesn’t have; the slow cook setting lets you cook for long periods at low temperatures, and you can set it at high or low, depending on how many hours you want to cook your dish for (high for 2-8 hours and low for 4-10 hours).
There is another difference between the units, which is the illuminated interior. The BOV800XL does not have inside lighting, and the BOV845BSS does, and the light switches on automatically after the dish is ready.
We recommend choosing BOV845BSS. The price is practically the same, and it has some upgraded features over the BOV800XL; however, both ovens have some negative feedback regarding their durability, and many users have stated that shortly after the warranty expires, the fan stops working. Therefore, you might want to consider investing in a Breville oven that offers better value for money.
BOV450XL vs BOV650XL
When it comes to BOV450XL and BOV650XL, it comes down to the size and the capacity you want and need.
Both of them have the smart Element IQ for better transfer of heat, depending on where the power is needed. They have eight cooking functions, such as bake, broil, toast, and roast, and a capacity for four slices of bread or a 12’’ pizza, and a 1-year warranty.
However, the difference relies on how much space you have inside of them. The Compact Smart Oven (BOV650XL) has a 0.6 cubic ft. interior and you can easily fit a 12” pizza in it. The Mini Smart Oven (BOV450XL) has a 0.4 cubic ft. capacity only, but it is enough to accommodate an 11” pizza.
Both ovens have a wide range of cooking settings, are lightweight, and offer high-grade performance. We recommend the Mini Smart Oven if, as its name suggests, you are looking for the smallest unit. But, if fitting a 12’’ pizza instead of an 11’’ pizza is necessary to you, and your counter space allows it, you may opt for the Compact Smart Oven for little extra money.